1. The first rule is to post these rules.
2. Post a photo of yourself and 11 things about yourself/your life .
3. Answer the questions set for you in the original post.
4. Create 11 new questions and tag people to answer them.
Things about myself:
1. I'm 25 and I live right next door to where I grew up on a few acres of heaven. My two favorite things about our place are the climbing pink roses on our split rail fence and our fruit orchard both of which were all Tim's doing.
2. Tim and I are simultaneously adopting and pregnant. Going through both at the same time makes me realize that I am as eager to meet/hold one child as I am the other. They both feel like my own already.
3. I never graduated from college and I don't know why. I actually loved classes and had a 3.5 average when I dropped out. One day I just decided I was through. Whether I go back and finish is still up in the air. I'll probably be one of those 40 year old moms in class with a bunch of twenty somethings who always asks a lot of questions.
4. I owned a handmade boutique on Main St. for two years and now I work at a place I never imagined I'd work—Hill Country Memorial. I'm technically the graphic designer but lately my boss has been introducing me as the art director. Aside from the typical tasks of ads and brochures I've been put in charge of selecting paint colors, designing and hanging wall installations, and choosing artwork for the walls. The experience is amazing, and I'm continuously thrown out of my comfort zone.
5. I love garage sales/flea markets/estate sales and 90% of my home decor and furnishings are pre-owned. While I don't keep the greenest house in town I do love the idea of reusing/refurbishing wonderful pieces that still have a whole lot of life left.
6. Though I've already done the store thing, I still see myself having one again—once we've paid off the house, the kids have flown the nest, and I'm one of those established older ladies who can actually afford to own a store. It will be a lot like Enid.
7. I often find myself with a huge goofy grin on my face while watching song and dance scenes in old musicals. I don't know if its because they take me back to my childhood or I just love them that much. Last time I remember making this face was while watching the last scene in the Artist with Rach at the Stagecoach.
8. These aren't in any particular order otherwise this one would have been first. I am a Christian. Tim and I go back and forth between an Evangelical Free church and the Catholic church. Denominations don't mean much to me.
9. I'm a rule breaker so I'm going to cut this short at 9. 1-8 were a bit long.
1. Best day you can remember?
Honeymoon day with Tim on the beaches of Culebra. We had street vender epanadas, snorkeled, and played in the most beautiful waves I've ever seen.
2. Favorite item of clothing and why?
Coral Wedges. I'm short so I love shoes that give me height and wedges are much more comfortable than heels.
3. If you could meet any fictional character, who would you choose?
Off the top of my head—
4. What chore do you absolutely hate doing?
Cleaning the kitchen.
5. Favorite Quote?
"If it were easy, everyone would be doing it." —Dad
6. If you could throw any kind of party, what would it be like and what would it be for?
This probably isn't my ultimate party dream, but I do have plans to host the first ever Bobo Peach Festival when the peaches are ripe.
7. Favorite Season and why?
Spring—Blossoming trees, gardening, and green grass.
8. If you won the lottery, what is the first thing you would do?
Pay off our house.
9. What is something you learned in the last week?
That there is too much Vitamin A in my Pre-natal multi-vitamins. Grrr, can we mom's do anything right? Carrots are great for pregnancy, but don't eat too many. Tuna is great for you, but don't eat it more than once a week. I feel like I'm walking through a minefield.
10. Best meal you've ever eaten?
Its hard to beat my mom's Thanksgiving feasts.
11. If you had to change your first name, what would you change it to?
1. What is your cocktail of choice?
2. If you could hop on a plane to anywhere, where would you go?
3. What is your decorating style?
4. What is your favorite garage sale/2nd-hand find?
5. What is your favorite flower?
6. Which style icon best describes your personal style?
7. How would you describe your sense of humour?
8. What is your favorite thing to cook?
9. What is one health habit you are working on?
10. Facebook or Pinterest?
11. Beatles, Elvis, or Willy Nelson?
Tag! Your it! (Clearly I don't have many friends, or friends with blogs I should say)