Saturday, April 2, 2011

Spring

If we were adopting a girl I think I'd name her Spring...its my favorite time of year and I have some of the best memories from Springs past. Tim is doing such an amazing job landscaping our place. Its taken several years to get things as nice as they are because he does everything himself...and he's a pretty busy guy. He's been killing out all the stickers and getting the grounds ready to seed grass. I hope we can bring our boy home this time next year. I know that is wishful thinking, but it would be so nice to be able to take him outside to play on days like today. We can play with Nellie and Oliver (our beagles), water the plants, pick zinnias, harvest peaches, and lay in the grass and look up at the clouds! Maybe he will be too little for all this. Maybe he'll just want to take naps and eat. ;)

So where are we in the process? Well I called the agency last Thursday because it had been over a week since we had mailed in our contract and big check. They said they hadn't received it yet and I began to panic a bit. But by Friday they confirmed they had received it and we made contact with our adoption counselor Claire who will be guiding us through the dossier part of our adoption. We are waiting to be matched with a social worker to work with us on the home study portion. I cannot wait to get our dossier sent off. It seems at this point to be the hardest part of the whole process. Our plan is to not procrastinate and get this over with asap! I'm dying to find out if we will be required to make any modifications to our home. I'm afraid it will hold things up quite a bit. Luckily, our families have a knack for construction.

No comments:

Post a Comment