Saturday, March 26, 2011
For those of you unfamiliar with the adoption process...there is A LOT of waiting involved. The best things in life are worth waiting for right...ugh what a cliche. I tend to be a very impatient person by nature. I feel a constant pressure inside myself to accomplish things and make things happen in my life. I think some of this is good, but I often take it to an extreme.
When a couple finds out they are pregnant the baby is right there with them. You can see him or her grow each day as your stomach gets bigger and bigger...not so with international adoption. Our baby is half way across the globe. So if you hear me talking about Africa a lot its because it makes me feel closer to our boy. I'll try to keep it to a minimum. ;) I recently acquired a extra large vintage globe. I've been looking at it often. It has awakened my desire to travel and to experience different cultures. I think that is one of the reasons we choose international adoption. We want to experience and learn about our child's culture and we want to show him ours.
So while adoption is much about waiting its also about looking forward to something new, exciting, and wonderful! I have quite a bit to look forward to in the nearer future too. I want to focus on enjoying my life here and now. So I made a list of things I'm looking forward to in the next year and a half.
1. Traveling to Portland and San Francisco with Tim including a trip to the Alameda Antiques Faire
2. Our first crop of peaches and our second of blackberries
3. Learning how to screenprint
4. Renegade Austin
5. Driving to Chattanooga, Tennessee with Tim for an art show
6. Beach trip with the Bobos
7. Meeting my new niece/nephew this September!
8. Getting the baby's room ready and possibly adding on to the house :O
9. Getting our refferrel
10. Traveling to Uganda!